Welcome to BreakShuttle’s weekly post sharing news, articles, and trends in higher education, campus life and college transportation from the week of October 5th, 2020. Since 2012, BreakShuttle has provided over 60,000 trips during academic breaks.
- Here are the latest COVID-19 related updates from campuses across the country.
- This is an article from the New York Times explaining how some colleges are using social media influencers to impact student compliance with COVID guidelines.
- How transparent is your college’s COVID dashboard?
- On Thursday, the American Council on Education and 54 other higher education associations signed a letter condemning President Donald J. Trump’s Sept. 22 executive order prohibiting diversity training for all federal contractors and grant recipients, including colleges and universities. Read the article here.
- To understand how college graduates perceive the overall value of a postsecondary degree, the Indiana Commission for Higher Education recently released the “2020 Gallup-Indiana Graduate Satisfaction Survey.” Read the article here.
Tickets for Thanksgiving break are on sale. Details are available on our partner school pages and you can read more about our COVID-19 response and guidelines for our fall trips here. Higher ticket prices are due to our buses being limited to 50% capacity and additional logistics related to COVID-19.
Stay safe and enjoy the weekend!
BreakShuttle provides safe, direct, and reliable charter trips during academic breaks. Sign up for our newsletter to receive travel notifications and discounts.