It’s the responsibility of each and every customer to read and understand this agreement. By using your ticket, you agree to the following terms:
Please note that all ticket sales are final.
GENERAL PROVISION: The customer (either the original ticketed passenger, or any transferee of the ticket, and if a minor, the parents or guardians of such minor hereinafter identified as “Customer”) agrees and understands that BreakShuttle, LLC organizes transportation, but does not own or operate any buses. By purchasing and using a ticket from BreakShuttle, the Customer certifies that they understand that BreakShuttle is not a transportation operator and agrees to indemnify and hold harmless BreakShuttle, LLC for any damages, injury, death, or other harm caused by a third party bus transportation contractor.
As per our terms and conditions all BreakShuttle ticket sales are final. However, tickets are transferable either to another passenger or to another trip (within the same school year). A change fee of $10 applies to trip changes. If Customer would like to move their ticket to another trip, Customer must notify us by email at least 72 hours before departure. If the original ticked passenger will be transferring their ticket to another passenger, BreakShuttle must be emailed the new ticket holder’s name and email address so we can ensure that the change in passenger identity has been made correctly.
Ticket Transfer Policy:
- Tickets may be transferred to another break. Credit (minus a $10 change/transfer fee) will be issued that expires after the last trip of the current school year
- No ticket transfers to another break are allowed within 72 hours of travel
- Tickets may be transferred to another student up to the time of departure at no charge
Emotional support animals, therapy animals and pets are not permitted. However, trained service animals, as authorized by law, are permitted in accordance with the following:
The following guidelines have been established for service animals on a BreakShuttle trip:
All service animals must remain under the rider’s care and supervision and behave appropriately at all times while onboard any vehicle associated with BreakShuttle’s services.
- The animal must be on a leash or in a closed carrier, remain under the Customer’s control and behave appropriately at all times.
- The animal must remain at the Customer’s feet. The animal may not sit on a vehicle seat.
- The animal must not be aggressive toward people or other animals.
- Smoking Policy: All of the contractor vehicles are non-smoking. Customer agrees that there will be no smoking in the contractor vehicle(s). If smoking does occur, Customer will be charged an additional $200 fee.
- Lost and Found Policy: BreakShuttle, and/or its drivers, is not responsible for lost or stolen items. BreakShuttle will make all possible attempts to retrieve items.
- Minors: If passenger is a minor, the phone number(s) of one or more of the minor’s parents must be provided to the driver prior to the start of service.
- Alcohol Policy: No alcohol is allowed at any time on any BreakShuttle trip.
- No Misconduct/Drug Use: Customer agrees that no illegal drugs will be consumed in the contractor vehicle(s). In case of misconduct or drug use by Customer or anyone in their party, or if Driver is or feels threatened, Driver has the right to terminate transportation service and this agreement without any refunds and drop all passengers off at the nearest safe location. Customer holds BreakShuttle harmless and not liable for any personal or material damages arising from the conduct of Customer and/or anyone in their party.
- Damages: Customer is responsible for damages to the vehicle committed by Customer or their party during service, either willfully or accidentally. Any actions that cause damage to the contractor’s vehicle(s) can result in an extra charge to the Customer. If anything is lost or stolen from inside the vehicle, there is a $100 minimum replacement fee. If anyone gets sick and vomits in the vehicle, there is a $150 minimum clean up fee.
- Delays: The Customer understands that delays and mechanical breakdowns may occur without warning. The Customer agrees to hold harmless BreakShuttle for any damages caused by delays. Additionally, the Customer understands that the third party bus contractor and/or BreakShuttle are not responsible for refunds due to delays.
- Waiver: If one party agrees to waive its right to enforce any term of this agreement, it does not waive its right to enforce such term or any or all other terms of this agreement at any other time. BreakShuttle does not guarantee arrival at or departure from any point at a specific time due to circumstances beyond its control such as accidents, breakdowns, traffic and road conditions, storms, etc. and shall not be held liable for claims resulting in delays from such conditions. BreakShuttle cannot be held responsible for delays or inconveniences due to unknown and/or unforeseen mechanical failures or situations deemed as “Acts of God.” BreakShuttle reserves the right to substitute the contracted vehicle in the event of such an occurrence mentioned above. Customer waives all claims for consequential damages and agrees that liability shall be limited to the costs accrued to BreakShuttle for the disputed service.
- Indemnification: BreakShuttle and Customer each agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless the other party from and against all claims, actions or causes of action, liabilities, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, and costs arising from the defense of any claim, action, cause of action or liabilities arising out of or resulting from any act taken or committed by BreakShuttle or Customer pursuant to the performance of each party’s obligations hereunder. BreakShuttle and Customer each agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless the other party for any claim, action, cause of action, and liabilities which may be asserted by third parties arising out of the performance of either party’s obligations pursuant to this contract, except for the willful misconduct or gross negligence of the other party.
- Litigation: If any provision of this agreement shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforce-ability of any remaining provisions. All matters shall be litigated in the State of Delaware.
In the event any legal action is taken by either party against the other party to enforce any of the terms and conditions of this agreement, it is agreed that the unsuccessful party to such action shall pay to the prevailing party therein all our costs, reasonable attorneys’ fees, and expenses.
Regardless of the place of this agreement, the Customer agrees that any disputes arising from this contract will be litigated or arbitrated in the State of Delaware. This agreement is to be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Delaware.