Welcome to BreakShuttle’s weekly post sharing news, articles, and trends in higher education, campus life and college transportation from the week of October 19th, 2020. Since 2012, BreakShuttle has provided over 60,000 trips during academic breaks.
- Here are the latest COVID-19 related updates from campuses across the country.
- This is an article from Inside Higher Ed looking at how some schools are beginning to address the emotional toll of racism on the experience of thier black students.
- An op-ed about the transformative power of higher education from the president of Macalester College in Minnesota
- COVID-19 has changed ‘get out the vote’ efforts on college campuses: Goodbye knocking on dorms, hello Instagram Live
- Go home, or stay on campus? College students face tough Thanksgiving decision during COVID-19 pandemic
- To Cover College Quarantines, The New York Times Turned to the Best Sources: Student Journalists
- Closed dorms, online classes, no parties: How college freshmen are coping as the pandemic upends campus life in a pivotal year
Tickets for Thanksgiving break are on sale. Details are available on our partner school pages and you can read more about our COVID-19 response and guidelines for our fall trips here. Higher ticket prices are due to our buses being limited to 50% capacity and additional logistics related to COVID-19.
Stay safe and enjoy the weekend!
BreakShuttle provides safe, direct, and reliable charter trips during academic breaks. Sign up for our newsletter to receive travel notifications and discounts.