Welcome to BreakShuttle’s weekly post sharing news, articles, and trends in higher education, campus life and college transportation. Since 2012, BreakShuttle has provided over 60,000 trips during academic breaks.
- Here are the latest COVID-19 related updates from campuses across the country.
- This article in the Chronicle of Higher Education talks about the challenges of being an RA this fall.
- Here is a blog from the American Council on Education reporting on a study about mental health: Centering Equity in Student Mental Health Task Forces: Lessons Learned From the University of Michigan. “College students are struggling more with their mental health than ever before. The percentage of students who reported being diagnosed with a mental health condition increased by 13.6 percent between 2007 and 2017 (from 21.9 percent to 35.5 percent).”
- This article from Inside Higher Ed. details the reaction of students, alumni and faculty to Adrian College’s plan to terminate history, philosophy, religion classes.
- From the Wall St. Journal: “Colleges and universities that reopened for face-to-face instruction might have caused tens of thousands of additional cases of Covid-19 in recent weeks, according to a new study conducted by researchers at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro, Indiana University, the University of Washington and Davidson College.”
- College students are choosing schools closer to home.
Tickets for Thanksgiving break will go on sale October 1st. Details are available on our partner school pages. You can read more about our COVID-19 response and guidelines for our fall trips here.
Stay safe and enjoy the weekend!
BreakShuttle provides safe, direct, and reliable charter trips during academic breaks. Sign up for our newsletter to receive travel notifications and discounts.